Friday, February 20, 2009


Gosh, it's been so long and our baby girl is growing growing growing. I'll post a few pictures of Brooke so you can see just how quickly she is growing. I took her to her 4 month appointment and she weighed 17 lbs and was 25 inches long, putting her at the 97% in both weight and height. Yes, she's taking after our other girls and is a very big baby. Unfortunately she wants to be held a lot and is quite a lug to carry around all day. My biceps are getting larger by the day. She's still not a good sleeper during the day and recently the night either. So my drill Sergent personality is kicking in. I'm reading books and laying down the law with her. I'm determined to get her on some kind of schedule and a few less feedings. Kendall is doing great in preschool. She has taken her sweet time to learn how to write her name and identify the letters of the alphabet, but I think she's just about got it. Thank goodness! This has driven me crazy, as you can expect from a school teacher. She got to bring home her class's pet guinea pigs. Brownie and Jazz. We got to have them for almost 6 whole days. Let me tell you they have an odor, they are noisy and pretty messy too. But it was fun to have them for a short while. Kendall also recently learned how to drive the 4-wheeler. Too bad it's illegal for her to even sit on it now. I'm guessing we may have some law breakers in our family here pretty soon.





Ashley has been very busy losing teeth. I think she may have a lull for a little while now, but she's lost several this year. Her most recent was her upper left front tooth. She had a little help from our friend who just happens to be a dental hygienist (I'm always calling and asking her teeth questions. She's really saved me several hundred dollars.. She brought over some numbing gel and then her husband yanked it out!! Thanks Jake and Fran

Before she lost her tooth:




After she lost her tooth:

Ashley is working hard on her reading. She's currently working toward earing a ticket to a theme park in Spokane called Silverwood. She has to read 10 hours by the 13th of March. I think she's going to make it. I've also challenged her to running 48 miles by the middle of May. There is program for elementary aged kids that is challenging children to log their running miles. At the end of the session they have a fun run that is 2 miles and then the kids earn a t-shirt and a trophy. She loves trophies so of course she's totally excited about the idea. Yesterday was her first run. She did great. I'm the one holding her up and of course little sis on her bicycle and the nearly getting hit by cars every few minutes. This may be an interesting month and a half!! :) Ashley is also completely obsessed with her DS. She is a definite gamer now!! She's always looking for ways to earn money to buy new games. The trick is keeping the DS away from Kendall. That is of course on Kendall's wish list for her birthday present now.

Marc's been busy with honeydo's around the house. Most recently he completed the remodel of our laundry room. I absolutely love it now. It's a cheerful place rather than a dungeon. I even have a counter to fold clothes on now. Now all the clothes stay in the laundry room and are not out in the living room. Yay for organization! Here's a a couple of pictures. Marc and I just celebrated our 9th anniversary. Time really is going by quickly! We got to run out for a quick dinner out. By quick I mean an hour and a half. Brooke was refusing bottles so I couldn't be gone long. Needless to say we are working on bottle feedings now. I'd like to be able to leave Brooke for longer than a couple hours at a time. Here are a couple videos. One is of Brooke laughing and the other you have to listen carefully. . . it's Kendall praying. She's very sweet. Always sure to pray for others. (okay the video of Brooke will have to wait. It won't down load)

1 comment:

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Oh, look at all the cute kiddos! They're all getting so big! Hopefully we'll get to hang out with you guys in the near future. I'm being induced this Friday, and John is finally home (which is awesome!). Anyways, tell Marc TERRIFIC job on the laundry room...maybe now I'll be inspired to do mine :)