Marc and I went on our "once a year" motorcycle ride this past weekend. The weather was gorgeous and we were with good friends. We went with Marc's cousin Lance and his wife Denni. Plus, it was a few hours without the kids. We "flew" over to Walla Walla and had lunch at a very very slow pub called Mill Creek Brew Pub and then had ice cream at the Iceberg. Mmmmm, the ice cream was the best part of the food. We are actually hoping to go riding once a month while the temperatures are moderate. Which may only be one more time.
As always, when I'm away from the kids for a few hours I promise myself that I need to start making more time for just me or just Marc and me. It rejuvenates my spirit. . . makes me a better mom and a better wife. My only issue is still getting Brooke to take a cup or a bottle. Poor Marty, I told her she'd been taking the cup regularly, but evidently she'll only take the cup from me or Marc. Poor grandma! No source of milk for 4 hours. Thank goodness for rice cereal. Needless to say, it might be hard to get a sitter after this experience. :)
I hope that you all are finding time to spend by yourselves to rejuvenate your spirit.
Cut Down the Ribbons
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment